Join our team and work in a collaborative environment where opportunities are endless, skills are stretched and excellence is rewarded.
If you want to make a difference in people's lives; If you think you've got what it takes, and
If you meet the minimum requirements for any of the listed openings,
You might be exactly who we are looking for!
To qualify, all candidates MUST be able to pass a pre-employment background check, have a high school diploma/GED or degree as it pertains to the position. Please forward your resume to:
West Haven Community House
c/o Human Resources
227 Elm Street
West Haven, CT 06516
fax: (203) 937-9052
The following are the current openings as of 7/20/21:
Family Services Manager
The ideal candidate for this position will have worked in a Head Start program, either as a Family Worker or on another supervisory level. Knowledge of Head Start Performance standards as well as case management experience is desired.
The Family Services Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of family programming and partnerships. Ensures compliance with Head Start Performance Standards and program standards by monitoring family assessments and partnerships, family outreach and communications, and engagement of the family throughout the program. Participates in the annual self-assessment and monitors PIR data. Works as the part of the management team.
Sample Job Responsibilities:
Salary: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year, DOE
Program Aide - Part Time
The program aide works with Head Teachers and Teachers as part of the team to implement Head Start Performance Standards related to the operation of a preschool classroom.
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Hours: Monday thru Friday Hours: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
Assistant Teacher (Part Time)
We are looking for creative and enthusiastic people committed to providing quality care that facilitates the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of children, stressing the importance of individuality, diversity, unity, choice and autonomy.
Salary: $13.00 - $14.50 per hour, DOE
Hours: Mon-Fri, 7am to 9am and/or 12:30pm - 5:30pm
Life Skills Coach – DSH
Creative, caring individuals needed to provide services for adults with intellectual disabilities and behavioral challenges. Life Skill Coaches are expected to pick up and drop off individuals when scheduled, teach life skills per scheduled activities and drive individuals on outings using agency vehicle. Life Skill Coaches are required to obtain and maintain Public Service License.
Salary: $16.75-18.25 per hour
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am - 3:30pm
Life Skills Coach (Full Time, Part Time & Weekends) - Residential
The LSC provide services to all residents living within the West Haven Community House Residential Program in the areas of daily living activities and independent life skills. The coach implements behavior programs; facilitates and promotes community integration, and is expected to maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment for the residents.
Salary: $16.75 - $18.25 per hour, DOE
Hours: Full time, Part time and Weekend positions available
Life Skills Coach - DSP (Multiple Full and Part-Time positions available)
• High School diploma and 5 years of related experience with young adults with dual diagnosis including Intellectual Disabilities & Mental Health
• Must be 21 years old or older
• Certification in CPR, DDS Medication Certification & PMT preferred.
• Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position which may require talking, hearing, lifting unspecified weights, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, stretching, crawling, pushing and/or pulling.
• There are multiple stories of stairs that may have to be walked up & down frequently to work with individuals on different floors.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Knowledge of, implements and monitors Behavioral Support Plans, Behavioral Guidelines and/or crisis plans for program individuals.
• Knows and follows eating and/or food guidelines for all individuals, as appropriate.
• Assists individuals with personal care and hygiene needs.
• Utilizes approved behavior management techniques to improve and enhance an individual’s ability to be included in the community and/or social situations.
• Provides required communication and documentation to meet program standards.
• Completes all required paperwork using web based systems and paper documentation.
• Acts as Advocate for individuals, helping them to make choices in their day and community environment. Acts on their behalf, as an independent voice for the person, asking questions and ensuring the person's wishes, values and beliefs are considered when any decisions are made.
• Works with Program Manager to design and implement a plan of activities that meets the assigned individuals’ needs, interests and IP goals. Ensures that the activity schedule is implemented as planned.
Salary: $17.75-19.25 per hour, DOE
Hours: Multiple Full and Part-Time positions available
Driver (part time/split shift)
Experienced drivers needed to transport adults with disabilities to and from day program.
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week, Mon-Fri, Split shift 7am to 9am and 2:30pm - 4:30pm
*To apply online, you will need to open, fill and submit application with Adobe Reader.